[xslt] document() source

Currently I am trying to find a way to have the xslt document() function get
xml from other sources than the filesystem when using libxslt from Python.

This has been talked about before on this list, for example in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2002-January/msg00010.html and
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2001-March/msg00022.html

>From the last post I understand I would need to register some callbacks with
xmlRegisterInputCallbacks(), but I can't seem to find this method anywhere in
the Python bindings and I do not see any other way to register I/O handlers
from Python.

Does anyone have any idea how to register I/O handlers or another way to have
the document() function get xml for other sources?

Regards,
Thijs

--
Fingertips __ www.fngtps.com __ +31.(0)20.4896540