Re: [xslt] Re: simpler testcase

>   No it's not brokeness, libxml2 implements the spec. If findvalue
> claims to implements the XPath spec expression evaluation then AxKit
> is broken !!! The XPath spec is cristal clear [1] that the expression
>              /foo/value
> only match foo and value node which are in NO namespace ! If the
> elements are in the default namespace they MUST not be selected by
> that expression.
>   Saying that libxml2 is broken because it follows the spec reflects
> really badly on whatever tool your are trying to advocate !

two things:

   (1) there was a typo in my code,
   (2) *I* said that XML::LibXML (the perl module) is broken, not libxml2

For (1), the xpath expression should have read /foo:foo/foo:bar. Which
works on xsltproc:

source XML:
   <foo xmlns="urn:foo">
      <bar>BAZ!</bar>
   </foo>

XSL file:
   <xsl:output method="text" />
   <xsl:template match="foo:foo">
       <xsl:value-of select="foo:bar" />
   <xsl:template>

This prints "BAZ!" using xsltproc. With XML::LibXML and XML::LibXSLT, it
doesn't even match with foo:foo.

And for (2) I originally didn't include xslt@gnome.org in the CC list
for a reason. This problem belongs to the Perl XML::LibXML maintainer
(or us, if we can find why the heck it isn't working like xsltproc), so
that's why I initially sent it to axkit-users only.

I certainly didn't expect Simon to forward it to you guys.

--d