Re: [xslt] Re: simpler testcase

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > >   my $parser = XML::LibXML->new();
> > >   my $xml = $parser->parse_string( <<EOM );
> > >   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
> > >   <foo xmlns="urn:bar">
> > >      <value>FOO!</value>
> > >   </foo>
> > >   EOM
> > >
> > >   # you'd expect "FOO!", but...
> > >   print "VALUE: ", $xml->findvalue( '/foo/value' ), "\n";
>
>   No it's not brokeness, libxml2 implements the spec. If findvalue
> claims to implements the XPath spec expression evaluation then AxKit
> is broken !!! The XPath spec is cristal clear [1] that the expression
>              /foo/value
> only match foo and value node which are in NO namespace

Just to concur with Daniel here, and make sure there's no thinking that
AxKit is "broken", XML::LibXML does the right thing here (according to the
spec, as Daniel suggests) and by inference, so does AxKit.

I really don't want anyone to think or suggest that AxKit is broken. There
are bugs (would be foolish to imply that any significant software was bug
free) but not here.

To get back to the thread, we really need to see stylesheets before we can
debug Simon's problem further.

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->get a SMart net</:->