Re: [xslt] Release of libxslt-1.0.28

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 07:10:58PM -0800, Kip Hampton wrote:
> Hi DV et al,
> I notice that the latest still assigns param data to top-level variables
> if those variables share the same name as a param passed in. I reported
> this [1] a small bit ago, but never heard back one way or the other
> about your intention to fix the behavior (or even a discussion of why
> you may not consider it a bug).

  This simply got lost, posting to the list is not a guarantee that
an identified bug will be fixed, the bugzilla bug tracker is the way
to make sure a bug won't be forgotten... sorry.

> I realize this may seem a trivial issue, but there are certain
> environments (notably AxKit and SAWA that automatically pass CGI params
> as params to the XSLT stylesheets) where having param data wrongly
> assigned to variable definitions are causing users to yank out clumps of
> hair.

  That doesn't look hard, I will try to fix this,

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine