Re: [xslt] floor(), ceiling(), and round() functions and negativevalues

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 08:13, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 08:38:09AM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
[snip]
> [...]
> > Are these indeed bugs?  If so, I'll file an official bug report.
>
>   libxslt doesn't make a difference between -0 and 0, right this may
> be considered a bug ... The associated questions are:
>     - does anybody care ?
>     - does anybody knows how to code the detection in a way
>       portable across the set of architectures libxslt support ?

Before we use up precious bandwidth on the arcane question of zero and
negative zero, no less an authority than my daughter, Nora, points out
that the notion of negative zero is silly. However, the folks who wrote
the XPATH specification did not have the wisdom to consult Nora, so the
specification includes negative zero.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
jfleck@inkstain.net (h) jfleck@abqjournal.com (w)

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead