Re: Fix linking of libxsltbreakpoint (Re: [xslt] Release of libxslt-1.0.31)

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:29:04PM +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> writes:
>
> >   thanks to everybody who provided patches or reported bugs,
>
> I'd like to offer this patch for fixing libxsltbreakpoint; courtesy by
> Stanislav Brabec:
[...]
> -libxsltbreakpoint_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info @LIBXSLTBREAK_VERSION_INFO@
> +libxsltbreakpoint_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info @LIBXSLTBREAK_VERSION_INFO@ $(top_builddir)/libxslt/libxslt.la

  Eh, thanks, but honnestly I don't really see why :-)
libxsltbreakpoint is an empty library, its content was completely removed as
it was deprecated, I just kept it around to ensure binary compatibility.
It just exports the deprecated function entry points, nothing should really
link against it, it's an empty nutshell. Could you check with
Stanislav Brabec why he though this was needed, I'm a bit puzzled, do you
have applications linking against it ?