Re: [xslt] xsltproc memory consumption w/ large DTD / docbook

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 08:07:39PM +0100, Michael Weiser wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Michael Weiser wrote:
>
> > test stylesheets versions 2.0.46/1.0.22 without patch:
> >
> >    33577265 526168           0      0  Total of 133
> >
> > test stylesheet current cvs with patch:
> >
> >    17910246 526180           0      0  Total of 120
>
> I have to correct myself: The differences in memory usage seem to be
> caused by changes from 2.0.46/1.0.22 to cvs. I just tried it with
> patched/unpatched versions of the same cvs snapshot and found no
> differences in memory usage for my application. Therefore I can't provide
> a testcase either.
>
> I'll give source-code-digging another shot.
>
> Daniel: Can you give me a hint where to best start looking for freeing
> unneeded memory other than xsltLoadDocument?

  libxslt/functions.c line 232 function xsltDocumentFunction()
that's the document() entry point. It calls xsltDocumentFunctionLoadDocument()
which uses xsltLoadDocument() which need to be fixed to remove the
superfluous DTD informations. get a debugger, put a breakpoint at the
place of my patch and see what's happening, I can't work on it
at the moment.