Re: [xslt] Re: [xml] Help Needed- XSLT using SAX

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:19:48AM -0800, HARDY wrote:
> > I am using DOM for parsing through an XML file  using
> > a XSLT in a C# application to get the list of all the
> > elements attribuyes in an array. However if the XML
> > file is too big(say a few  mbs) it takes a lot of time
> > to load the file and go through all its nodes.
> > Any idea how the same could be implemented using SAX
> > ??
>
>   XSLT need a full tree to operate. SAX is not sufficient.
> Answer is no.

Slight correction - some of XSLT requires a full tree to operate. Some
processors can work in a semi-streaming manner (Apache Xalan for example)
and build a DOM only if they have to. The difference is writing something
like that isn't a one-man job. It's really really hard.

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->get a SMart net</:->