Re: [xslt] Incremental output

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:51:23PM +0100, Le grande pinguin wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 04:48:30PM -0000, spinmar@interfree.it wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question about if it's possible to send the output of the trasformation incrementaly.
> >
> > Now in my apache module I build my file xsl, then applying a xsl I send the output to a string and then I send it to the client.
> >

> > The problem is that the effect is that the client sees the output all in one time.
> >
> > Is it possible to send the output to client incrementally?
>
> Yes, you need to look at the IO/buffer API
> (even so transformation usually is so fast it's hard to justify
> the added complexity).

  Well I would answer no. Depends what you mean by incremental. Currently
libxslt generates an output tree and then that tree is serialized in a
second step. Most processors actually serialize as soon as possible and
don't really build the output tree. From that view point, libxslt doesn't
work in an incremental fashion. That could be added but it's not trivial.