Re: R: [xslt] Win32 Crash when reading/writing transformed XML

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 04:38, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
> Camillo Ferraris wrote:
> > Thank you so much!
> > Just changed the compiler switch to "/MD"...
> >
> > Now it works!
> >
> > You were very kind.
> >
> > Why don't you add this hint in the Win32 "Readme" file?

[snip]

> Hm... perhaps I'll just add it to the readme.

So, long story, I once wrote what I thought was a delightful and helpful
story for the newspaper about an upcoming lunar eclipse. To see the
eclipse, I wrote, just go outside and watch the moon as it rises at
sunset.

I got a telephone call the morning of the day of the eclipse from a
reader angry because I hadn't told her where to look for the rising
moon. It never occurred to me that I might need to point out that the
moon rises *in the east*.

My initial inclination, of course, was to make fun of her. But that's
wrong. She's the audience, and I need to help her as best as I can,
whatever knowledge she starts off with. So, to borrow Igor's metaphor,
the fact that this keeps coming up means we do need to tell them that
water's wet and that the moon rises in the east.

Since the tutorial comes up in at least half of these threads/bug
reports, perhaps I'll just add this there, too.

Cheers,
John