Re: [xslt] confirmation of comprehension :-)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:09:39PM +0200, Fr?d?ric Laurent wrote:
> On Friday 25 April 2003 13:52, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 01:38:19PM +0200, Fr?d?ric Laurent wrote:
> > > As I read the documentation, I have to write
> > > a main C program, which
> > > - register the extension function
> > > - call the xslt process
> > > (in the same way of the python example :
> > > http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/python.html) In these case, I can't use the
> > > xsltproc as is...
> > >
> > > Am I right ?
> >
> >   yes,
> >
> > Daniel
>
> Thanks Daniel for your quick response.
> Another question : is it planned to provide a simple
> mecanism for adding extension functions in order to
> avoid the writing a C program that have to register
> it and launch the processor ?
> Like xalan, for instance, where nothing have to be
> done to use your own function...

Hmm, you need to code the extension in java, or? Since
xsltproc is open source it seems like little overhead.
I could imagine a plugin architecture, but that would mean
dealing with dynamically loaded libs (and that's a pain,
even with libtool -- or maybe partly because of).
If there's interest i could provide some code, but i never
tested it outside the realms of OSs in my office ;-)

 Ralf Mattes