Re: [xslt] Question about white space output

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:44:16AM +0200, srperan@sherlock.dif.um.es wrote:
> Hello. I am using libxslt to process a XML file and output a plain text
> file and I need to insert white spaces. I have tried with <xsl:text>
> &#160; </xsl:text> but this returns a symbol, not whitespace.

 What symbol ? This is probably equivalent to the &#160;

> I have read that this is an encoding problem

  Where ? how ? by whom ? Pointer please ! If someone think there is a bug
in libxslt, he better state it clearly and give a full example, you
included ! Have you read http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html ? If yes
why didn't you follow the guidelines
  "send the command showing the error as well as the input and stylesheet"

> but I can tell to libxslt that the
> output must be ISO-8859-1.

 Your report is terribly unprecise. You "can" or you "did" ask for
ISO-8859-1 ?
 You don't even tell what kind of output you asked for, xml ? html ? text ?
I doubt it's a bug, on the other hand you sound very confused. And your
report contains no way to check what you're trying to argue about, nor
even to try to get an idea of what exactly is the problem. As a result
we are both loosing time :-( . Follow the guidelines, they are there for
good reasons !