Re: [xslt] Re: <xi:include> has no namespace in external entity

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:30:49PM +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:

> > On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 09:20:51PM +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:
> >> extsection.xml:7: warning: Namespace prefix xi is not defined
> >> <programlisting><xi:include href="testfile1.txt" parse="text"/></programlisti
>
> >   <programlisting><xi:include href="testfile1.txt" parse="text"
> >                    xmlns:xi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'/></programlisting>
>
> >   and this will be garanteed to work.
>
> Ah, OK.  That should mean that a #FIXED xmlns:xi attribute on
> <xi:include>, should do the trick as well?  ie. like this:

  yup, except it would not been dependant on reading the DTD.
Using defaulted attribute is always a bit dangerous because
parser may not read the DTD (and I find it myself disturbing, because
reading the xml you can't see where the namespace prefix is declared
or what it is bound to, this becomes especially nasty for default
namespaces...)

> And it does indeed work.

  okay, good.