Re: [xslt] xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping='yes' no longer working?

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:30:50AM -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> I have a document which contains embedded fragments of HTML in CDATA
> sections (there was a reason for it, but please don't ask).  I used to
> be able to extract this data in a style sheet with:
>
>   <xsl:template match="foo">
>     <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping='yes' select='text()'>
>   </xsl:template>
>
> This worked in xsltproc a year ago.  Recently, I upgraded my system
> and with it upgraded libxslt to:
>
> $ xsltproc --version
> Using libxml 20424, libxslt 10020 and libexslt 711
> xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20424, libxslt 10020 and libexslt 711
> libxslt 10020 was compiled against libxml 20424
> libexslt 711 was compiled against libxml 20424
>
> Now this trick no longer works, and mangled (escaped) HTML is ending
> up in my result document.  Is this just a bug, or have I hit something
> that was intentionally broken (perhaps for good reason)?  On the basis
> of section 16.4 of the spec it seems like it ought to work, and I
> don't see any documentation that says it doesn't.

  Upgrade to the latest libxml2/libxslt 2.4.25/1.0.21, I think this
bug was introduced in libxslt 1.0.20, but spotted and corrected in the
last release.
     http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/news.html

  Download from ftp://xmlsoft.org/ if you can (it's on rpmfind.net
and the ethernet interface is completely saturated).