[xslt] xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping='yes' no longer working?

I have a document which contains embedded fragments of HTML in CDATA
sections (there was a reason for it, but please don't ask).  I used to
be able to extract this data in a style sheet with:

  <xsl:template match="foo">
    <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping='yes' select='text()'>
  </xsl:template>

This worked in xsltproc a year ago.  Recently, I upgraded my system
and with it upgraded libxslt to:

$ xsltproc --version
Using libxml 20424, libxslt 10020 and libexslt 711
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20424, libxslt 10020 and libexslt 711
libxslt 10020 was compiled against libxml 20424
libexslt 711 was compiled against libxml 20424

Now this trick no longer works, and mangled (escaped) HTML is ending
up in my result document.  Is this just a bug, or have I hit something
that was intentionally broken (perhaps for good reason)?  On the basis
of section 16.4 of the spec it seems like it ought to work, and I
don't see any documentation that says it doesn't.

-GAWollman