Re: [xslt] implementation of libexslt: dynamic:evaluate()

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 01:23:01PM -0600, Vakoc, Mark wrote:

> Attached is a patch for existing files and new file dynamic.c that sets up
> the framework for http://exslt.org/dynamic and implements the [object
> dyn:evaluate(string)] extension function.  It also modifies the Igor's win32
> makefile (Makefile.msvc) and the unix Makefile.am to add the dynamic.c
> module (Igor, it also adds a command to copy the generated .PDBs to the
> bindir)

  okay applied, but I removed the // based comment line 42 and wonder if
the function could not be left static, it seems it doesn't need to be
exported by the library as an entry point.

> Also, the date.diff path simply adds #include <memory.h> to
> libxslt/libexslt/date.c (which I needed to add because memset() was
> undefined prior)
>  <<date.diff>>
> cheers,

  hum, both my man pages and my reference "The Standard C Library" by
P.J. PLAUGER indicate that memset is really defined in <string.h> and
date.c has:

#ifdef HAVE_STRING_H
#include <string.h>
#endif

  I think:
    1/ HAVE_STRING_H should be defined in your environment
    2/ but I'm pretty sure I include <string.h> without guarding it
       in other places so I'm tempted to just do the include without guards

       #include <string.h>

  So not applied but I hope it's fixed in a different way.