Re: [xslt] [BUG] Win32, xsltproc, libxml, libxslt, <xsl:include/>

Welcome back :-)

>   Argh ... this would be an API change, let's keep this open
> but I don't think  changing who must free the original document is
> right, we need to find another way I'm afraid,

I fully agree.

The unfortunate thing is that few functions which can fail, just as
'xsltParseStylesheetInclude', have no way to inform their caller that
something went wrong, if they fail. Looking at the code, it is perfectly
clear that the intention was that such functions leave the stylesheet
unmodified, or partially modified in such case. The call to
'xsltParseStylesheetProcess' turns that knife by half a circle :-)

What do we do with this?
* Implement a 'xmlErrno' mechanism similar to errno. This calls for
thread-safety code in libxslt. Sigh.
* Replace all those silent functions with versions which return an error
value, set up the wrappers for backward compatibility.
* Wait for the API frost to melt away and change the interface :-)
* Something else?

You name it, I'll take pains to implement it :-)

Ciao
Igor