Re: [xslt] libxslt, Win32, threads

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 02:17:58AM -0400, Michael Rothwell wrote:
> I'm writing an ISAPI filter for IIS, using libxml and libxslt. ISAPI
> filters are required to be "free threaded", which means "reentrant" as
> far as I can tell.
>
> I'm doing this because we're trapped in an ASP/IIS world at my company,
> but I like the XSLT functionality of Apache::ASP.
>
> I've spent a lot of time today searching the net for information on
> libxml, libxslt, ISAPI and thread safety. I have a working ISAPI filter
> that blows its brains out randomly, usually at the call to
> xsltParseStyleSheet[File|Doc]. I've tried wrapping calls to libxslt in
> critical-section locks, which doesn't help.
>
> Is it possible to use libxslt in a threaded environment?
>
> Thanks,

  Please check the mail archives, this generated a relatively large
thread last  month:
     http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2002-April/msg00093.html

 I don't see any reason why xsltParseStyleSheet.. should have specific
reentrancy problem unless you blew up some of the global states of the libxslt
or libxml2 randomly from another thread while it is being handled.

  From the feeedback and your report of attempting to put lock around
libxslt there must be something else, either in your use of the libxml2
or libxslt API, or something else.

  Others have suceeded doing so, maybe they can help you,