[xslt] libxslt, Win32, threads

I'm writing an ISAPI filter for IIS, using libxml and libxslt. ISAPI
filters are required to be "free threaded", which means "reentrant" as
far as I can tell.

I'm doing this because we're trapped in an ASP/IIS world at my company,
but I like the XSLT functionality of Apache::ASP.

I've spent a lot of time today searching the net for information on
libxml, libxslt, ISAPI and thread safety. I have a working ISAPI filter
that blows its brains out randomly, usually at the call to
xsltParseStyleSheet[File|Doc]. I've tried wrapping calls to libxslt in
critical-section locks, which doesn't help.

Is it possible to use libxslt in a threaded environment?

Thanks,

M.