Re: [xslt] python bindings of libxslt

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 08:42:37AM +0100, Morus Walter wrote:
[...]
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libxslt.py", line 40, in ?
>     import libxsltmod
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libxsltmod.so: undefined symbol: libxml_xmlXPathParserContextPtrWrap
[...]
> So I added /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/xml2mod.so
> and copied the lib from .libs to /usr/local/lib/python/site-packages.
> After adding this path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH I was able to run basic.py
> successfully.
>
> But I'm pretty sure that this kind of hacking is not the intended way
> of making libxslts python bindings work ;-)
> So I'd apreciate if someone could give me a hint, what might have been
> wrong in the normal installation.
>
> How is python supposed to resolve dependencies between dynamically linked
> c modules?

  Okay it's a bit hard.
Since you are obviously not using the RPMs then I suggest you use the
alternate packaging as explained in http://xmlsoft.org/python.html

   Fetch the libxml2-python module from ftp://xmlsoft.org/python/,
make sure libxml2 and libxslt includes and libraries are available to
the compiler and use the "standard" python way of configuring and
installing that extension by using "setup.py build" and "setup.py install"