From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 2:00 PM
To: xslt@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [xslt] crash in libxslt 1.0.9

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:38:23PM -0700, Vakoc, Mark wrote:

> I get a crash when running the attached stylesheet.  It is getting pretty

  which is not sufficient since it imports another stylesheet. Also without
the input document one cannot reproduce the run.

> the namespace information (ctxt->nsNr,  ctxt->namespace[0]) that
eventually
> gets used in xmlStrEqual contains invalid pointers
> it crashes near the end of the stylesheet (the xsl:apply-templates
> select="exsl:node-set($sadoc)/node()")

  That list is the set of namespace in scope in the node. It's kept as
part of the precompiled information for that stylesheet node. It looks
unlikely to be really a "dangerous" operation, it's done that way in a
lot of places.

> I have tried to find a simple case that has the same problem to no avail.
> Will post more if I know more, just wanted to see if the stack trace looks
> familiar to a known/resolved issue.

   No but there have been changes in that area in more recent versions.
You should try 2.4.16/1.0.12 and report. If symptom persists I could try
to avoid a couple of optimizations (deferred computations) in that area