[xslt] Seg fault handling multiple transformations with XML::LibXSLT

I'm using Matt Sergeant's excellent XML::LibXML and XML::LibXSLT Perl
interfaces to libxml and libxslt.  I've encountered a somewhat bizarre
situation that leads to a segmentation fault.

I'm using:
    Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a
    Cygwin 1.3.9(0.51/3/2)
    libxml 20413
    libxslt 10010
    libexslt 703
    Perl 5.6.1
    XML::LibXML 1.31
    XML::LibXSLT 1.31

I instantiate a single XML parser and a single XSLT engine:

     $parser = XML::LibXML->new();
     $xslt = XML::LibXSLT->new();

and parse the stylesheet once:

         $stylesheet = $xslt->
             parse_stylesheet_file( $Config::SPLIT_TRANSFORM );

Then, in a foreach loop, I parse an XML string and transform it:

         $xmlsource = $parser->parse_string( $xmlstring );
         $result = $stylesheet->transform( $xmlsource, %xsltparams );

Now, here's the fun part.  I'm testing this with two input files and two
stylesheets.  If I only handle one file at a time, no problem.  If I use
the one-page stylesheet, no problem.  If I use the split stylesheet (which
uses xsl:document) and handle the files in reverse order, no problem.  But
if I handle the files in the default order, with the split stylesheet, and
both in one pass, I get a segmentation fault.

?!?!?

My guess is that there's some data structure in the stylesheet object
that's getting put in a weird state by the first file and then breaks when
accessed by the second file, or something like that.  But I really have no
idea where to begin looking.  I've tried to create a reproduction case, but
I haven't been able to so far.

Pointers are gladly welcomed.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
- --
Christopher R. Maden, Principal Consultant, crism consulting