Re: [xslt] Status of python extensions?

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:21:22AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've dug through the documentation and the examples a bit. Am I
> missing something? I can see examples of Python code using the
> gnome-xml and libxslt libraries, but where's the example of a simple
> XSLT stylesheet that calls a Python extension when processed by
> xsltproc? I assume some setup (at least an extension function
> namespace) is required.

  libxslt (and xsltproc) are not tied to python. But you can write
Python code making use of them. In that framework it's possible to
do the binding. In practice, take libxslt/python/tests/pyxsltproc.py
look at libxslt/python/tests/extfunc.py for an example of building
and calling such an extension fuction, and customize pyxsltproc.py
to add your extensions either in the same module or in a .py imported
from it.

> Color me confused.

  Admited, it's bleeding edge ATM !