Re: [xslt] How to implement unusual chunking in a stylesheet

G'day Peter,

On Sun, 09 Jun 2002 00:27:24 -0400, Peter Williams wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 21:43, John Hurst wrote:
> > G'day Peter,
> >
> > Something like?
> >
> > <xsl:template match="item">
> >    <xsl:for-each select="node">
> >      <item><node><xsl:apply-templates select="."/></node></item>
> >    </xsl:for-each>
> > </xsl:template>
> >

> Uh, how does this achieve chunking? I want to create multiple output
> documents, like the Docbook's chunk.xsl, where each document contains
> no more than, say, 20 <node>s, and however many <item>s are necessary
> to contain them.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original question.

This would go beyond my immediate skills in XSLT, but I'd attempt it by
building some sort of temporary result tree in a local variable (using
something like the above loop to fill the result tree), and outputting
that when it got to the required size.

--
--John Hurst
--  Associate Dean (Teaching), Faculty of Information Technology