Re: [xslt] How to implement unusual chunking in a stylesheet

G'day Peter,

Something like?

<xsl:template match="item">
   <xsl:for-each select="node">
     <item><node><xsl:apply-templates select="."/></node></item>
   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

On Sunday, June 9, 2002, at 09:55 , Peter Williams wrote:

> [Apologies if this is not the right list for this sort of question.
> Please CC me in replies as I'm not subscribed.]
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> 	I'm trying to write a stylesheet that chunks my XML document in a
> somewhat unusual way. The basic layout of the document is like this:
>
> 	<root>
> 		<item>
> 			<node>
> 			<node>
> 		</item><item>
> 			<node>
> 		</item><item>
> 			<node>
> 			<node>
> 			<node>
> 		</item>
> 	</root>
>
> with a variable number of <node>s per <item>. I'd like to chunk it so
> that there's a fixed number of <node>s per output document. I can't
> figure out how to implment this in XSLT. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance for help or pointers,
> 	Peter
>
> --
> Peter Williams     peter@newton.cx / peterw@ximian.com
>
> &quot;Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
> sucks!&quot;                              -- Michael Bolton

--John Hurst
--  Associate Dean (Teaching), Faculty of Information Technology
--  A/Professor, School of Computer Science and Software Engineering
--rm G23, Building 63
--PO Box 26, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3168            ~ ~~~&#:
--ajh@csse.monash.edu.au  +61 3 990 55192        _..___  ---____@___H__
--(mob 0407 569 041) (fax +61 3 990 55146)       |_____[_|_________[__]_
--http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~ajh              oo oo  oo O--O--O o=o
--free times, see: