[xslt] How to implement unusual chunking in a stylesheet

[Apologies if this is not the right list for this sort of question.
Please CC me in replies as I'm not subscribed.]

Hi everyone,

	I'm trying to write a stylesheet that chunks my XML document in a
somewhat unusual way. The basic layout of the document is like this:

	<root>
		<item>
			<node>
			<node>
		</item><item>
			<node>
		</item><item>
			<node>
			<node>
			<node>
		</item>
	</root>

with a variable number of <node>s per <item>. I'd like to chunk it so
that there's a fixed number of <node>s per output document. I can't
figure out how to implment this in XSLT. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for help or pointers,
	Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter@newton.cx / peterw@ximian.com

&quot;Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!&quot;                              -- Michael Bolton