[xslt] exslt functions problem

Hi,

I'm trying to use the exslt functions namespace for the first time.
I'm having problems, and not sure at what level I should start looking.
I'm declaring the namespaces like so:

version="1.0"
xmlns:exsl="http://exslt.org/common";
xmlns:func="http://exslt.org/functions";
extension-element-prefixes="exsl func"
exclude-result-prefixes="exsl func"

I'm using libxslt1.0.12, with XML::LibXSLT1.31. When I run a small xsl
test script with the header above from a command-line perl script,
evrything works fine. As son as I try running it from Apache and mod_perl,
which is otherwise perfectly well behaved with XSLT (and works ok with
http://exslt.org/common) I get the error message:

Failed to register module data: http://exslt.org/functions

after which of course my functions also fail..

Thanks for any advice,
Graham