Re: [xslt] Installation problems

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 02:09:33PM +0100, Le grande pinguin wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> i just checked out the latest CVS versions
> of libxml and libxslt. The normal 'make,  make check, make install'
> cycle didn't work - it seems that 'make check' needs the Python
> wrappers allready installed. This should probably be documented.
> One more problem i see with this: if a user isn't aware of this
> and uses 'make,  make check, make install' the test might be run
> with a preinstalled (possibly older) version of the libraries ...

  Okay, found, in python/tests/Makefile.am !
I was using TESTS to holds the list of python tests. And this is also
used for "make check" as a list of binaries to run, but at that point
the modules are not installed, hence the errors. I renamed that variable.
The proper way is to "make tests" this will declare the PYTHONPATH and
run the regression tests.
  Thanks for the report,

  BTW I expect the next release python support to break quite a bit,
the makefile code is not portable at the moment, I will give instructions,