Re: [xslt] What encoding attribute values use (1.0.15 vs. 1

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:48:10PM +0200, Philipp Dunkel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> is it an error?
> According to Section B.2.1
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.1) of the
> HTML 4 specification there are 2 correct ways to deal with this:
> UTF-8 or URL encoding of characters in the Charset of the page.
> UTF-8 would not work for Peter as it seems (and experiennce with
> browsers tells me that it wouldn't work for a lot of cases).
> The second method hoever would work, since the URL is URL-encoded
> ISO-8859-2. It might make sense to think about the implementation again,
> and make the recomended sollution with URL-encoding possible as well.

  Really no, the recommended solution is UTF8 based escaping. They only
suggest to fallback to escaping in the encoding of the document for older
deployed software and remember that HTML-4.0 dates from 1999 !

  I stand firm on this issue, really URI reference should be escaped
from the byte string based on the UTF8 encoding of the URI string.