Re: [xslt] What encoding attribute values use (1.0.15 vs. 1

Hi everyone,
is it an error?
According to Section B.2.1
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.1) of the
HTML 4 specification there are 2 correct ways to deal with this:
UTF-8 or URL encoding of characters in the Charset of the page.
UTF-8 would not work for Peter as it seems (and experiennce with
browsers tells me that it wouldn't work for a lot of cases).
The second method hoever would work, since the URL is URL-encoded
ISO-8859-2. It might make sense to think about the implementation again,
and make the recomended sollution with URL-encoding possible as well.

A quick solution for Peter could be (I don't know what you specific
needs are, but anyhow) to do the entire page in UTF-8. This might be
preferable, since as I remember we got ourselves into a lot of triouble
way back when with ISO-8859-2 when doing the Slowenian paage simobil.si.

If the discussion of whether to optionally implement the suggested
URL-encoding method, I volunteer to code it, should the decision be made
that it makes sense.

There are of courde a lot of pros and cons: How to switch for instance),
but I think since there are 2 recomended possibilities by the W3C this
might be worth another round of thinking, especially in terms of
compatibility with different browsers.

Til then everybody,
TTY Philipp