Re: [xslt] question on "

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:53:02AM +0200, Max Froumentin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Apologies if this has already been dealt with, but I didn't find
> anything in the bug database and I believe I'm using a fairly recent
> version: libxml 20416, libxslt 10012 and libexslt 704.
>
> Why does libxslt outputs " as " in PCDATA?  As in:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>                 version="1.0">
>   <xsl:template match="/">"</xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> I understand that this is not a bug, but it's annoying still.

 Can you tell me why ? from an XML point of view it is completely
equivalent, except at the serialization level. I really don't
understand the problem.

> literally. I guess I'm ready to change them, but only if I'm given a
> good reason why libxslt does it.

  There is no good reason or bad reason I can remember. They are the
same logically. On the other hand changing the way things are serialized
may have an impact for some libxml2 users, I really need to understand
the scope of the problem to get convinced to change such a core part.