[xslt] question on "

Hi there,

Apologies if this has already been dealt with, but I didn't find
anything in the bug database and I believe I'm using a fairly recent
version: libxml 20416, libxslt 10012 and libexslt 704.

Why does libxslt outputs " as " in PCDATA?  As in:

                version="1.0">
  <xsl:template match="/">"</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I understand that this is not a bug, but it's annoying still.  I know
it can be fixed using disable-output-escaping, but I would have to
change my stylesheets to add xsl:text around some text I output
literally. I guess I'm ready to change them, but only if I'm given a
good reason why libxslt does it.

Max.