Re: [xslt] import - platform independence

Keith Isdale wrote:
> Have you thought of putting this "common" work on a webserver or in the
> public section area of your machine. Though you might want to ensure
> that only, you, have write access :-)
>
> <xsl:import
> href="http://my_server/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/html/docbook.x
> sl" />
>    or
> <xsl:import
> href="//my_server/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/html/docbook.xsl" /
>

> I've not tried this myself but I think it should work :)

I've used this in multiple places, and I can confirm that it does indeed
work.  Then if want to improve efficiency on a given machine, you can
use an XML catalog to re-point the URL to a local file.  This lets you
use canonical URLs for your stylesheets/dtds, but still have the
efficiency of loading the file locally.  Very nice.

-- Brent

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure
  thought-stuff.  He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating
  by exertion of the imagination.  Few media of creation are so
  flexible, so easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of
  realizing grand conceptual structures."
                         -- Frederick Brooks, Jr., The Mythical Man Month