Re: [xslt] validation problem

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 06:37:57PM +0200, David Chamont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use xsltproc, and whatever I do, xsltproc does not
> seem to check the validity of my files. I am sure my
> files are well formed, cause if I run "xmllint --valid",
> it correctly report the validity errors.
>
> Given the existence of "-novalid" option for xsltproc,
> I made the hypothesis it was checking dtd by default.
> Did I miss something ?

It's loading the dtd by default in order to load any necessary
entities, but it's not checking validity. There's no requirement in
the spec that the source document be valid. If validity is important
to you, you need to check it separately.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
jfleck@inkstain.net (h) jfleck@abqjournal.com (w)

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner