[xslt] import - platform independence

[ I hope I am sending mail to the right place - my apologies if I am
in error. ]

In my XSL stylesheet, I do the following:

  <xsl:import href="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/html/docbook.xsl" />

but this is inconvenient because other people would like to work on
the same system and they use different paths.  Is there a way to use
environmental variables or something to control this?

Thoughts, suggestions and ideas welcome!

Thankyou for your time,
--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/