[xslt] html output and doctype declaration

Okay, here is the latest news.  According to the w3c
recommendation (and the summary by O'Reilly), libxslt
is correctly following the xml output declaration rule
for method="xml"

"The xml output method should output an XML
declaration unless the omit-xml-declaration attribute
has the value yes."

good, now, here is what they say about the doctype
declaration for method="html"

"If the doctype-public or doctype-system attributes
are specified, then the html output method should
output a document type declaration immediately before
the first element."

so if I read that correctly, no doctype should be
outputted if the attributes for doctype are
omitted...Saxon does not output doctype declarations
unless both public and system attributes have been
included in the stylesheet.

Thanks!

Dan

p.s. Daniel, I will have the example for you about the
apply-templates up asap!