Re: [xslt] things to do with libxslt

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 06:09:20PM +0200, Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:
> First of all - I like libxslt and libxml very much.
>
> There are so much things people could do with
> this tools.
>
> Browser:
> =======
> Mozilla uses transformiix - why
> Konqueror?
>
> Web Server:
> =========
> XML-Apache has many things done with xalan,
> cocoon, xsl-fo, SVG - it shouldn't be too
> difficult to do the same with libxslt.
> (I don't know why but I don't like java)

  me either, but I'm sufficiently busy with working on my
code base rather thand trying to fight a useless language war.

> PHP:
> libxml is integrated in PHP within the DOMXML
> modul. The implementation isn't complete.
> There haven't been changes since last december.
> libxslt is much better than Sablotron.

  Yes there is definitely some useful work to do there
probably reusing gdome for a proper DOM interface

> gnome, kde
> ========
  KDE has switched his documentation project to libxml2/libxslt
  Gnome is in the process of doing so.

> I think now it's time to use this tools but I think
> that people don't know enough about this things.

  Feel free to spend time doing some "smart" advertizing :-)

> If you look at
> http://www.xml.com http://www.xml.org http://www.w3.org
> you mainly see links to commercial products.

  Well there is links to xmlsoft.org from w3.org, I used to
work at W3C and started the libxml work while working there.