Re: [xslt] xsltproc --param

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:00:13AM -0700, Daniel Allen wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thank you for the quick response...I do believe that
> libxslt is incredible, don't get me wrong, I just hope
> to understand these small differences...
>
> okay, I tried the single quote bit with
>
> --param foo '"this is a single \' quote"'
>
> and the commandline just wraps around to a
> >
> and I am stuck...
>
> My question is, why 2 quotes?? why not just use double

  It's incredibly simple:
    - one for the shell so that it doesn't cut at blanks level
    - one for XPath to tell him it is a string and not a nodeset
      lookup expression

> and the param becomes an internal nodeset of
> <root>
>  <node></node>
> </root>

 Pertaining to what document ???
Trying to put structured data on a command line is a recipe for failure.
Use a file and xsl:document() to read the tree.