Re: [xslt] xsltproc --param

Daniel,

Thank you for the quick response...I do believe that
libxslt is incredible, don't get me wrong, I just hope
to understand these small differences...

okay, I tried the single quote bit with

--param foo '"this is a single \' quote"'

and the commandline just wraps around to a

and I am stuck...

My question is, why 2 quotes?? why not just use double
quotes and then in double quotes, bash allows the
escaping of characters using \ so you can backslash
and double quotes and single quotes can be as is.

Also, I am not sure I understand the node-set
bit..with sablotron you can say

and the param becomes an internal nodeset of
<root>
 <node></node>
</root>

so you can access with with /root[1]/node[1]

can you do that with the xsltproc?

again, libxslt is the fastest processor I have ever
seen, I just want to be able to switch to it and I
need to understand these let documented
details...thanks!

Dan