Re: [xslt] Relase of xsldbg-0.7.9, : release of xsldbg-0.8.1

In message <20011129040726.A26201@redhat.com>
          Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 02:57:07PM +1000, Keith Isdale wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Kdbg (in xsldbg mode) and  xsldbg-0.8.2  has been released see below.
> >
> > Daniel wrote,

[snip]
> > I've not plan for putting content into this function it is just a hook into
> > my code. The linker does its magic and it just works! This does mean that
> > xsldbg will always need to be dynamically linked. I don't think it is
> > possible to overloaded functions from a static library. ?
>
>   I think this just won't work with most compiler chains. When module A and
> module B are in the same library, most linkers resolve statically references
> from A to B when generating the library, shared or not. This construct is
> doomed to fail on most platform/compiler chains whether the libraries are
> shared or not.

This is indeed the problem I've found on RISC OS. The Linker will not link
two libraries that contain duplicate symbols - it can't know which one is
'right' for this particular build. As I have to roll my own Makefiles
anyhow, this isn't a big issue at present.

RISC OS has no dynamic linking of a standard that the other platforms
understand. Dynamic linking implementations exist but they vary in their
capabilities and are not widely used.

This is exactly what you're saying, but I'm just reinforcing that it is
already an issue with an existing port.

--
Gerph {djf0-.3w6e2w2.226,6q6w2q2,2.3,2m4}
... Eyes to the heavens, screaming at the sky;