Re: [xslt] document() can't open files with spaces in filename

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:07:22PM +0200, Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:

> >  I suggest you try with "doc%20file.xml" , if "this works" I would be tempted
> > to think that libxslt is actually right ans sablotron wrong ... But I didn't
> > really had time to fully examine the issue,
> doc%20file.xml does not work - same result.

  Well using the debugger, it's clear that:
    - "doc file.xml" fails in the URI handling module because it's
      not an URI-Reference syntax
    - "doc%20file.xml" is a valid URI-Reference syntax and lead
       the xsltDocumentFunction to call xsltLoadDocument() with the
       argument "doc%20file.xml" but xmlParseFile fails because
       it doesn't try to URI-unescape in the case of direct accesses
       to files.

Looks like:
    - accepting "doc file.xml" would be a deviation to the spec
    - something should be done in the libxml I/O file module to
      handle URI unescaped values. Alternatively this could be done
      in the XSLT code but it sounds like the wrong solution