Re: [xslt] Port to windows

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 12:49:28AM -0700, Yon Derek wrote:
> I've managed to compile libxslt under Windows (MSVC) and will gladly
> send patches but have one question: is it ok to use the same design as
> in libxml, where we have libxml.h (libxslt.h) which is just
>
> #ifdef WIN32
> #include "win32config.h"
> #else
> #include "config.h"   // that would be xsltconfig.h
> #endif
>
> I'm asking because I've noticed that xsltproc includes xsltconfig.h
> directly (should be changed to compile under Win) and other programs are
> probably doing the same (but probably there are that many of them yet).

  Do you know if reusing the libxml win32config.h directly would be
sufficient to make this work, I don't see what libxslt would require
which is system specific and not already handled by libxml.

> Another thing is: I would like libxslt to be compilable straight out of
> CVS without the need to run ./autogen.sh (something you obviously can't
> do under Windows).

  Hum, i have a problem with that in the sense that generated stuff should
not go in CVS. it makes the life of people who use CVS in write mode really
painful. In general I avoid that as much as possible.

> The only things that makes it impossible is
> LIBXSLT_VERSION_STRING (again, generated by ./configure from
> xsltconfig.h, and defined in confdefs.h). I've just defined it
> explicitly in win32config.h but that means more effort maintaining this.
> Does anyone can think of a nice solution to this problem (i.e., have
> LIBXSLT_VERSION_STRING defined in such a way so that ./autogen.sh,
> ./configure doesn't have to be run)?

  Hum, I will see what I can do. Instead of sending a patch, since you're
using CVS could you rather tell me what you had to change ?

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com