Re: [xslt] introduction, xvl.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 12:21:21PM +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> > i compared xvl to xslt, and found the principles of xslt
> > to be... more programming-based, less xml-based, also
> > that it requires two input files not one,
>
> If you want something programming based, "standardised", and using only
> one input file, you might want to look into XSP (eXtensible Server Pages)
> from the Apache Cocoon project, also implemented in AxKit (now on CVS
> using a LibXML based parser).

  This 'prospective' thread is interesting. I will throw 2 more ideas
in the bag:
   - how useful/hard would it be to implement an Apache transformation
     module based directly on libxslt, I think I got this question a couple
     of time during the last week
   - would an extra function
     xmlNodePtr xsltGetNodeResult(xmlStylesheetPtr style, xmlDocPtr doc,
                                  xmlNodePtr node);
     be useful, basically it would not run a full XSLT transformation but
     compute how the given node would be transformed (assuming it get
     processed directly by an xsl:apply-template rule).