Re: [xslt] Bug in exclude-result-prefixes?

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 04:16:00PM -0500, Brent M Hendricks wrote:
> I've found what I believe to be a bug in how exclude-result-prefixes
> is handled.  Take the following stylesheet:
[...]
> but xsltproc (I'm using 0.14) outputs nothing, probably because 'ns'
> is specified as an an excluded prefix.
>
> I do not think this is this is the behavior the writers of the XSLT
> spec had in mind :) My reading of section 7.1 is that
> exclude-result-prefixes will prevent *extra* namespace nodes from
> being added to the result element node.  I don't think it is supposed
> to be used to supress result elements.

  This section is unclear. I think it is used to suppress elements since
it basically put elements from this namespace at the same level as those
from the XSLT namespace URI. Also I don't see how you can output the node
if your are not allowed to generate a declaration for its namespace. I
was wondering if the excluded set of elements included the subtree or
just the element. Currently I skip the full subtree.
  The best would be to get someone to check with other XSLT processors
(I don't have any installed) and report how they behave. I doubt it's
just the namespace node, maybe it's just the elements in that namespace
which are removed.

  Feedback on this welcome,

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com