Re: [xslt] request for xmllint

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 09:19:59PM +0100, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
> At 12:10 PM 12/13/01 -0800, Daniel Allen wrote:
> >Would it be at all possible to have a
> >--omit-xml-declaration
> >option for xmllint...often times I use it to reformat
> >and xml tree fragment, and in that case, it is not
> >appropriate to have an xml statement at that point.  I
> >realize that this is an abnormal request since most of
> >the time you just reformat the whole damn thing, but
> >this is just how it must be used in my case.
>
> xmllint is actually part of libxml2, not libxslt, and therefore you are on
> the wrong list.

 right :-)

> Having said that, you might want to look at a discussion started by me on
> November 23rd, titled "[xml] xmllint as filter?".  In short: it is not easy
> to do without adding another global variable to the libxml2 library, and
> Daniel is against that.

 well within xmllint, this is doable, but there is already like 32
options to xmllint, is that really worth adding yet another one ?
Might be simpler to write a 10 lines C programe parsing the
document, removing the DTd and reserializing it.

> Hmmm... when trying to find a URL for this tread, I found that the archive
> at http://www.xmlsoft.org/messages/ stopped collecting messages in March of
> this year?  Is that right?

  yes, because the archives moved with the list check
 http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/xml for pointer to current archives.