Re: [xslt] newbie question

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 05:30:22PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > > <xsl:if match=".[ARTIST='Bob Dylan']">
> >
> > Try to see if 'match="ARTIST='Bob Dylan'"' works.
> >

>   No it won't it's not XSLT syntax ! the match attribute had been suppressed

D'oh! I meant 'test=...' of course...

> > A URL is a form of a URI. So is a URN. Don't worry about the small
> > differences; they don't seem to be that important anyways.
>
>   Well they are differences, and they are important otherwise there would
> be a single term.

Fair enough. I did the research, and here's the difference:

It's a matter of persistence.

The URI

  http://www.myneeto-leetsite.com/leeto-neet.html

is considered a URL but not a URN because nobody could give a rat's ass about
it (generally).

The URI

  http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

is considered a URN because without it, XSLT just won't work, regardless of
whether or not anything actually exists at that URL.

In other words, if you can live without it at that specific location, it's a
URL.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio@openservices.net>