Re: [xslt] newbie question

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 05:30:22PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > <xsl:if match=".[ARTIST='Bob Dylan']">
> Try to see if 'match="ARTIST='Bob Dylan'"' works.

  No it won't it's not XSLT syntax ! the match attribute had been suppressed

> XPath doesn't really have that many applications outside of XSLT.

  XPointer uses it, there is a DOM3 API extension on the work too.

> A URL is a form of a URI. So is a URN. Don't worry about the small
> differences; they don't seem to be that important anyways.

  Well they are differences, and they are important otherwise there would
be a single term.

> If you need to get knee-deep into XSLT, then I suggest you pick up a copy of
> Wrox Press's "XSLT Programmer's Reference, 2nd edition". Michael H. Kay, the
> author of the book, has written an XSLT engine himself, so he knows what he's
> talking about.

  Seconded, it's one of the best XSLT book, but it may not be the perfect
one for a newbie.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine