[xslt] Why registering XSLT elements with xsltRegisterExtElement?

Hi,
I'm wondering what's the purpose of xsltRegisterAllElement, or more
precisely the goal of registering XSLT elements as extension elements
(which they aren't).
It seems only used for the element-available() function (and thus
registering xsl:param is a mistake as it is not an instruction, same for
xsl:decimal-format, xsl:when, xsl:otherwise and xsl:with-param).

IMO, XSLT elements shouldn't be registered and xsltElementAvailableFunction
should hard-code the returned value for XSLT elements.

Also, extra elements and functions can now be registered at the application
level (with xsltRegisterExtModule{Element,Function} instead of
xsltRegisterExt{Element,Function}), so the ctxt argument to
xsltRegisterExtras isn't usefull any more.
Should we break the API (:o() , ignore the argument or add a new function
doing application-level registration (and deprecate xsltRegisterExtras) ?

Tom.