Re: [xslt] Compiling stylesheets

It would be possible to write a program in C that included the xslt
stylesheet as literal data.

It wouldn't be significantly faster on a Unix system, where the filesystem
block buffer cache is very efficient, but if you are running under
Windows NT it might help a little.

> Wouldn't it be nice to have a very simple environment that provides:
> http://example.cu/compiledXSLT.exe/path/to/test.xml?one=1&two=2

Well, it's not hard to write "compiledXSLT" as a cgi script, of course.

If you are getting 10,000 hits per second I can see why you might not want
to do this, though.  My litle site gets fewer than 60,000 hits per momth
right now, and a 200MHz Pentium I/MMX is more than adequate under FreeBSD,
even with quite a few Perl CGI scripts (not even using mod_perl).

If you are interested in giving xslt sheets to a customer and have them
totally dependent on you forever to mantain them, I suggest that you
try instead to have a cooperative and friendly relationship with your
consulting clients :-) but if you really can't do that for whatever reason,
you could maybe encrypt the external files and write your own entity
management in C for libxml.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam@holoweb.net - http://www.holoweb.net/