[xslt] Docbook chunking with libxslt?

I've just discovered libxslt and I'm pleased with how fast
it processes Docbook XML files.  I've browsed the libxslt mail
archive but I don't see any mention of generating multiple
output documents.  Is there an extension in libxslt to
switch to a new output document?  If so, has anyone tried to use the
Docbook chunk.xsl stylesheet instead of docbook.xsl?
I like the speed with which I can process a whole
book into one HTML file, but I don't think my users will
like the speed with which they download such output.  8^)

bobs
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.              fax:   (831) 429-1887
                                            email: bobs sco com